The majority of Indian families urge for cars which are affordable, stylish and when it comes to maintenance they should not put a dent on their pocket. So here we will see the top 5 low maintenance cars in India which have been successful in attracting customers over the years.
1 – Toyota Etios Maintenance Cost
- Economical in terms of mileage
- No need to change transmission oil or coolant for as long as 1.5 lakh kms
- In petrol version, fuel filter is usually replaced at 80,000 kms
- While the diesel variant needs fuel filter change around 1,50,000 kms
- Service of Etios costs around INR 3500-4000 approx.
2 – Toyota Etios Liva Maintenance Cost
- First and foremost no needless frequent visits to service stations as compared to other vehicles required, if you are driving Toyota Etios Liva
- Just like Etios, Liva too does not need coolant and transmission oil change for about 1.5 lakh Kms
- However, it demands air filter and brake fluid to be changed at every 40,000 kms that costs as less as INR 800-1000 only
- Fuel filter needs to be changed at 80,000 kms
- The hatchback’s engine is optimised to work with mineral oil
- Scheduled service costs between INR 3500-4000 approx., including replacement of engine oil, oil filters and spark plug cleaning
3 – Maruti Suzuki Swift Maintenance Cost
- This is an established name in Indian households and a proven player when it comes to affordable servicing with inexpensive spare parts and fewer labour charges compared to its market competitors
- Maruti Suzuki Swift comes with 3 free services which will cover your vehicle’s regular inspection, engine tuning, oil filter, engine oil and air filter replacement. However, it excludes the consumables which are to be paid by the customer itself.
- Replacement services of above-mentioned articles are given at the first 1000 kms or 1 month, 5000 kms or 6 month and 10,000 kms or 12 months
- The maintenance cost of Swift in its 1st year is INR 2000, 2nd year INR 4000 and 3rd year INR 3000 approximately
4 – Hyundai Grand i10 Maintenance Cost
- Well known for low-cost maintenance, this car has one of the higher sales figures in the Indian market
- Hyundai offers 3 labour services free of cost for the span of 3 years which leads to huge price cut on the customer’s pocket
- Service intervals for Hyundai Grand i10 are as follows – 2000 kms or 2 months, 10,000 kms or 1 year and 20,000 kms or 24 months, whichever is earlier
- Further, the first service is free of cost with subsequent services costing INR 2500-3000 approx. respectively
5 – Tata Nano Maintenance Cost
- Dubbed as most affordable car for Indian families, the brainchild of Mr. Ratan Tata, Nano comes with ease of maintenance for its owners
- Tata offers free service till 20,000 kms or 24 months, whichever is earlier for Nano
- Nano’s scheduled service costs around INR 1000 in the 1st year or 10,000 kms
- Further, from the 2nd and 3rd years the cost of ownership goes around INR 2500-3000 approx
In the end, we can conclude that if you are looking to buy a car that offers low maintenance then the above-mentioned cars should be on your list.