Feeling worried due to the unfortunate instances of a tyre puncture while on the go? Of course, you must have felt the stress. The consistent innovations in tyre technology have come up with several innovations, and the latest among them is Puncture Guard Tyres from JK Tyre. These tubeless radial car tyres can heal a puncture hole or crack on their own, thereby eliminating the requirement of visiting a tyre shop to repair a puncture hole.
How does JK Tyre Puncture Guard Tyres heal puncture holes itself?
Let us suppose that you are driving your car equipped with JK Puncture Guard tyres, and one of the tyres got pierced with a sharp object like a nail or a screw. In usual circumstances, the sharp object causes gradual air leakage from the puncture hole. However, in the case of the JK Puncture Guard tyre, a thick coating of puncture-proof sealant is present inside it.
If you pull out the sharp object which penetrated the tyre, the puncture-proof sealant fills up the damaged hole or crack inside the tyre and freezes it. It results in immediate repairing of the puncture hole without the need for external help. Even after this repair, a JK Tyre Puncture Guard tyre continues to perform as excellently as a tyre that has not sustained a puncture.
Benefits of the JK Puncture Guard tyres
We all have faced the inconvenience while getting a punctured tyre repaired. However, with Puncture Guard tyres from JK Tyre, the stress has gone for a toss. These tyres offer a hassle-free driving experience, as small puncture holes get repaired on their own.
This anti-puncture technology of the JK Puncture Guard tyres also allows them to live long, as they do not suffer from repetitive puncture repairs. And lastly, since they do not require frequent visits to tyre repair shops, the Puncture Guard tyres also save you money and assure you of a lowered maintenance cost.
Key pointers to keep in mind for the JK Tyre Puncture Guard tyres
Here are some of the crucial pointers, that you should be aware of for the JK Tyre Puncture Guard tyres in general:
- The JK Tyre Puncture Guard tyres offer anti-puncture technology, but they are not puncture-proof tyres. The puncture-proof sealant within these tyres can repair puncture holes only up to 6mm in diameter.
- Unlike other tubeless tyres, JK Tyre Puncture Guard tyres do not require puncture plugs, as the sealant within them seals the puncture hole or cracks on its own.
- The JK Tyre Puncture Guard tyres can sustain only those puncture holes at least 1.5 inches apart from each other.
- The puncture holes on the sidewalls of the JK Tyre Puncture Guard tyres cannot be healed, as the puncture-proof sealant is present only in the tread portion of these tyres.
- For repairing the tyre, you need to pull the sharp object penetrating the tyre first.
Puncture Guard feature can be availed on the below mentioned JK tyre patterns and tyre sizes:
|Puncture Guard Tyre Pattern||Tyre Size||Vehicle Compatibility|
|JK UX Royale Puncture Guard||215/60 R16||Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, S-cross|
|205/60 R16||Ford Ecosport, Maruti Suzuki SX4|
|205/65 R16||Toyota Innova Crysta|
|195/55 R16||Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Ciaz, Hyundai Elite i20|
|215/60 R17||Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta, MG Hector|
|165/80 R14||Maruti Swift, Swift Dzire|
|175/65 R14||Toyota Etios, Honda Amaze, Brio|
|185/65 R15||Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Ciaz, Hyundai Verna|
|175/65 R15||Honda City, Jazz, Amaze, Maruti Suzuki Ignis|
|JK Ranger HT Puncture Guard||215/75 R15||Mahindra TUV 300,Scorpio, Bolero|
|235/65 R17||Tata Hexa, Harrier, Mahindra XUV 500|
|265/65 R17||Totoya Fortuner, Ford Endeavour|
|JK UX Touring Puncture Guard||205/65 R16||Toyota Innova Crysta|
|205/65 R15||Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo|