Tyrexpo India 2018 & GarageXpo India 2018 – Day 1 Event Highlights
The much-awaited Tyrexpo India and GarageXpo India 2018, Asia Pacific’s biggest tyre event and India’s only tyre trade show kicked off today at Hall No. 12A, in New Delhi’s famous Pragati Maidan. This 6th edition is a part of the international Tyre Expo series. This year’s Tyrexpo is bigger than the previous editions with over 4,000 participants from India and abroad expected to join this 3-day event. The event will see over 100 national and international brands comprising tyre related businesses being a part of it. Meanwhile, the GarageXpo India, now in its 2nd edition, will also be held side by side with the Tyrexpo 2018. It is meant to cater to automotive repair and maintenance community in the Indian subcontinent region. This one of its kind show is going to attract distributors and manufacturers of various equipment related to the tyre industry.
Visitors can also look forward to see some of the well-known industry players such as Sarveshwari Technologies and Elgi Rubber share their views and knowledge about the current and upcoming trends in tyre care and safety as well in tyre servicing and re-treading.
2018 Tyrexpo’s opening ceremony started with TyreTalk/GarageTalk at the Seminar Area. It included:
- A lecture on tyre safety by Mr. S.S Gusain, Sr. Dy. General Manager – Technical Service and Standards & Regulations, Bridgestone India Pvt. Ltd.
- A panel discussion on tyre labelling moderated by Techsci Research
- A talk on building brands in the tyre industry by Mr. Saurabh Uboweja, CEO & Chief Brand Strategist, Brands of Desire
- An insightful talk on technology behind tyre re-treading by Mr. Rajeev Mathur, Senior DGM, Indag Rubber Limited
- A detailed overview of tyre testing and regulation by Mr. Shreyas Bhardwaj, Engineer, Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI)
The Day 1 of 2018 Tyrexpo India also saw the launch of Pirelli’s much awaited and famed Pirelli Cinturato P6 and Pirelli AllTerrain Plus tyres in India. The former is a passenger car tyre known for its fuel-efficient technology, on the other hand, the latter is aimed at off-road SUV tyre segment in the country. Mr. Sanjay Mathur, General Manager, Pirelli India and Kamlesh Mehta, Managing Director, Celite Tyre Pvt. Ltd. launched the tyres.
Later in the day, Tyrexpo/Garagexpo technical workshops included sessions on:
- Tyre – Demounting / Mounting by Sarveshwari Technologies Ltd (at stall no. D2)
- Air Compressor Demo by Guangzhou Lawrence Auto Machinery Co. Ltd. / Ferranza International (at stall no. E1)
Tyremarket.com is present at the event at stall ‘C-28’ showcasing its expertise in the field of online tyre selling. Day 1 saw a huge interest among people to know more about it and people kept thronging the stall. For all the latest updates on Tyrexpo India 2018, stay tuned to Tyremarket.com.