The New Wagon R that Maruti Suzuki recently introduced in the domestic auto-market has many enhancements in terms of looks, engine, safety and comforts which make it one of the best-equipped cars in the segment. The design that the forerunner carried has now been tweaked remarkably to change the boxy image of the Wagon R. The latest facelift that Maruti Suzuki unveiled on January 23 has several India-specific features that will allow this hatchback to compete more effectively with its key rivals in the market.
This third generation Wagon R is based on the Heartect platform which is also used in the Swift and Dzire models. The profile of Maruti Wagon 2019 is more sophisticated than the earlier one. Additionally, the New Wagon R also has more cabin space than its predecessor. As Hyundai has also re-launched the Santro hatchback lately, these aforementioned changes in the new Wagon R are worth incorporating.
Considering the price of New Hyundai Santro, which is Rs 3.90 lakhs Ex-showroom, Delhi (for the base model), Maruti Suzuki has tagged the New Wagon R at a competitive price of Rs. 4.19 lakhs Ex-showroom, Delhi; slightly expensive but worth considering the features it offers as standard fitment — driver airbag, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensor etc. Moreover, the ARAI certified fuel efficiency of 22.5 kmpl is something that will delight the buyers, planning to buy the New Wagon R.
Now, let us go through the best features of New Maruti Suzuki Wagon R 2019.
- The length and width of the New Wagon R 2019 are 3655 mm and 1620 mm respectively, which results in making this hatchback more spacious. The wheelbase of the car is 2435 mm that leads to sufficient legroom.
- The fascia gets a major change with a wholly new modern architectural grill and unique dual split headlamps.
- The 2019 Wagon R has a floating roof design to give it a trendy look.
- The power adjusted foldable ORVMs are redesigned to add sportiness to the overall profile.
- The rear design is also tweaked, especially the tail lamps that have a sculpted design.
- A completely redesigned dashboard is now the main attraction inside which gets an integrated SmartPlay Studio Infotainment System.
- AC with an all-new climate control feature and electric ORVM & power window controls offer next-level comfort and convenience.
- The steering wheel is also redesigned with embedded switches to control the music and telephone.
- The tachometer becomes more vibrant, and apart from the standard speedometer, it also displays digital readings for speed and fuel consumption.
- Considering the size of the hatchback, space isn’t squeezed for four occupants; credits ample of legroom, shoulder space, headroom and thigh support.
- Even the entry-level variant is offered with a driver airbag as a standard safety feature.
- ABS with EBD are also standard even in the base trims.
- There’s a front seatbelt reminder to keep the riders safe.
- There’s also a speed alert system that will alert you in case the car speeds over a certain speed limit.
- Parking sensors are another great feature offered in the 2019 Wagon R.
- The new model features a more powerful 1.2 L K12B petrol engine borrowed from Maruti Swift. This engine can generate a peak level power of 82 bhp. Additionally, this Wagon R also continues to use the 1 L K10B engine that can generate a maximum power of 67 bhp.
- Both the engines are linked to a five-speed manual gearbox (for the base models). The top-end trims also feature a five-speed AGS gearbox.