Michelin Tires – “A Better Way Forward”
There’s hardly a name in the tire manufacturing world that’s as famous and reputable as the name of Michelin. Born in France’s Clermont-Ferrand Michelin is among the world’s top 3 tire brands. It is a direct competitor of Bridgestone and Continental. The company owns many other tire brands such as:
Today, Michelin has a presence in 170 countries across 6 continents. They have over 0.12 million employees with 68 production plants in about 17 countries. The group also maintains Technology Center to serve Europe, Asia and North America. There specialties include lifestyle products, motorsport, tires, Michelin solutions, mobility services, Michelin engineering and services. Moreover, they make tires for almost every kind of vehicle ranging from space shuttles and airplanes to farm trucks.
They have been on the forefront when it comes to bringing innovations to tire manufacturing. Moreover, Michelin have pioneered pneurail (tires that works on railway tracks), radial tires and removable tire to name a few.
Their resolve to give best quality products to the customers can be guessed by the fact that they maintain their own testing facility. Located in Laurens, South Carolina this large facility has 12 tracks for testing tires under severe conditions to make sure that they perform best in varied conditions across the world.
For over a period of 127 years, Michelin’s key to success has been its thirst to remain a leader in innovation. The company has collaborated with several companies, suppliers and universities to work on innovative technologies. Furthermore, the group also is determined to protect environment and work towards eco-friendly technologies while delivering the best products and services to customers.
Michelin’s Association With Sports:
They participated continuously in MotoGP from the year 1972-2008. Recently, after the withdrawal of Bridgestone they have become the official tire supplier for MotoGP 2016. They have also been providing tires to various companies in Formula One for last 3 decades. Added to this, Michelin is also a part of endurances races. They are exclusively supplying tires to LMP3 from last year.
Michelin Maps & Guides:
They are the only tire manufacturing brand to have their own Road Guides. For the last one century these have been widely accepted and acclaimed worldwide. The group is also famous for its “Michelin Stars” that they give to hotels and restaurants. These stars at times have stirred a number of controversies, but they are still well-respected and trusted among customers.
Besides all these, Michelin is also famous for its logo “Bibendum” known to the masses as the “Michelin Man”. It is among the world’s oldest trademarks. It was launched way back in 1894 at Lyon Exhibition by Michelin brothers.
Awards & Recognitions:
● Have won 80 J.D Power Tire Awards from 1989-2016 in various categories.
● Won Campaign of the year award for their “Beyond The Driving Test”.
● “Create The Future” award winner for MICHELIN® X® TWEEL® TURF™.
● Received “Best Supplier Award” CNH industrial.
● In 2015, got “Tire Technology of The Year” award for its Evergrip.
● Won “Tire Manufacturer of The Year” award beating Yokohama, Goodyear and Kumho in 2015.
● Michelin also won “Supplier of The Year” and “Innovation of The Year” awards from one of USA’s heavy-equipment manufacturing company.
● Michelin North America named as 2014 Manufacturing Leadership Award Winner.
● They are also “Silver Edison Award” winner in 2013.
● There award cabinet also includes “AE50 Engineering Award”.
● In 2011 Michelin won the “Performance Award” by Secretary of Defense.
● Frost & Sullivan awarded them with “Product Line Strategy Award” in 2012.