Goodyear Tyres – “Made To Feel Good”
Founded in 1898 with headquarters in Ohio (USA). Goodyear went on achieving heights in the tire manufacturing arena claiming world’s first detachable tire and the mass-producing tires for car i.e. the Model T-Ford.
They are also engaged in manufacturing of tires for different products such as Automobiles, Trucks, Racing Cars, Airplanes, Farm Equipment and Heavy Earth-Mover Machinery.
Since its foundation, Goodyear has attributed its success to its commitment to continuous improvement and innovation. Their global purpose is to increase the value of their brand, delivering the highest quality tires to which they are continuously working upon. Their hard work and subsequent success are shown in the group’s global presence having facilities in six continents with annual sales of more than $16 billion. In addition to Goodyear Brand Tires; the group also produce several other brands including Dunlop, Kelly, Fulda, Sava and Debica.
At Goodyear, constantly evolving technologically is the key to success. Their technologies include:
● RunOnFlat – Even after they have been blown out you will still be safe on the road.
● Active Corner Grip and Active Braking – Technologies that make handling better under hard braking and cornering conditions.
● EfficientGrip – Tires that reduce fuel consumption without compromising safety or performance.
● EfficientGrip Performance – They have been A-rated for their wet grip performance. These have recently won various 11 awards in different magazine tire tests, including a 1st prize.
● At Geneva Motor Show Goodyear unveiled Eagle-360, a visionary tire concept for the future autonomous vehicle.
Goodyear tests their tires by applying 360o Quality Test approach which is done not only by the group, but also by a number of performance criteria tested for under the EU Tire Labelling System. The Goodyear engineers put their tires to around 50 tests and check its durability through tests which include Wet and Dry handling and braking, Internal Noise, Traction, High Speed Stability, Mileage and Durability. Winter tires are especially put through rigorous testing for enhanced performance in snowy and tough winter conditions. Over the past decade, Goodyear has been recommended in more than 80% of European Tire Tests. Goodyear Tires has been used as standard fitting by top car manufacturers such as- Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, BMW, Volkswagen, and Ford. No wonder that Goodyear Tires has been recognized by the Fortune magazine in the year 2014 as the world’s most admired motor vehicle parts company.
Awards & Recognitions:
● Received “Creativity in Implementing Sustainable Practices Award” in 2014.
● For its Alabama Plant Goodyear won “Large Manufacturer of the Year” in 2014.
● Got in 2014 “New Vehicle Tire Satisfaction Winner”.
● In 2014 chosen by Readers Digest Malaysia as the Trusted Brand in Tire Category.
● TyreSafe Tire Manufacturer Award by a leading UK tire magazine.
● BRAVO Trade Americas Award in the year 2013 by Latin American Trade Group.
● Won 2012 Dalian Economic Figures Award for contribution in China.
● “Best SUV Tire of the Year” in 2014 at China.
● Awarded “Top Employers Europe” for its HR policies.
Help us with your details to get a call back