CEAT Tyres – “Born Tough”
CEAT’s journey started in 1958, with Worli, Mumbai as its headquarters. The company is a subsidiary of RPG Group. Being in the business for almost six decades, Ceat has created an impressive and reliable image for itself in the Indian market. Now, with a turnover of 95,000 plus tyres a day it is a major player in Indian Tyre Industry. One of the unique feature of their products is their “comparatively cheaper” cost than the rivals. And, that too without any compromise on the “quality” aspect. The company is adamant to follow its core values since inception. Their core values sum up their work:
C – Challenger – (Open to experimentation, ready to innovate, and question existing ways)
A – Aspiration-led – (Passionate for providing supreme customer satisfaction, ready to do better always).
I – Integrity – (Always being authentic and genuine in the approach without any deception for customers).
R – Result-obsession – (Delivering “prompt” results, ready to provide solutions attitude).
O – Openness – (Always open to accept new technologies and feedbacks to improve their business).
● Six Manufacturing plants
● Ten outsourcing units for tubes, tyres and flaps
● Three dedicated 2 & 3 wheeler plants
Currently, they have 2 manufacturing plants in Maharashtra and 1 in Gujarat. But, they have plans to invest Rs. 400 crores in a new tyre plant in Butibori, Nagpur. The company currently exports to over 130 countries and has strong global presence too, in addition to its national presence. CEAT offers a huge variety of tyres to almost all the segments be it Heavy-duty Trucks and Busses, Tractors, LCVs, Trailers, Earthmovers, Scooters and Motorcycles. The company has a lion’s share in the segment of 2 wheeler, truck and light truck vehicles.
As part of their CSR Policy company is instrumental in supporting primary education in India, women empowerment, health care in India and many other initiatives.
Awards & Recognition:
● “CAPEXIL Export Award”, sponsored by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, India.
● Best Supplier award from TATA Motors.
● Best Direct Marketing Campaign of the year
● ASIA’s 100 best & fastest Growing Marketing Brand by WCRC (World Consulting & Research Corporation)
● Bronze award for ‘Experiential’ at Campaign India Digital Crest Awards, 2015.
● Gold award for ‘Best Use of Mobile Media’ at the Media Abby Awards at Goa fest, 2015.
Some cool facts about CEAT:
● CEAT is the only tyre company to be awarded the ISO/TS 16949:2002 certification.
● It is also the 1st Indian tyre company to get a TUV certificate.